Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reflections of the past....



Just a few years before the Battle House was to be shuttered for three decades, my wedding reception was held in the Crystal Ballroom. I came across these somewhat faded photos but wanted to share them. What a day that was.  I particularly like the lovely spiral staircase, which seems to have disappeared from the renovated ballroom.

I'm not offering any prizes, but a gold star goes to the correct guesser of the year! Look closely at the hair styles and clothes!



5 comments:

  1. I'm not a very good guesser of years lol. I didn't live through that time. I'm thinking late 60's...my mum was married in 1967. The hair in this photo looks similar...that's my guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to say 1970??? I loved looking at all the attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both close, but Dirt Princess, you came the closest~~~1971, February 6, to be exact. It doesn't seem so long ago. Actually I graduated from high school in 1967, so Kyna, a gold star for you too! Still seems like yesterday!

    Sometimes I think my blog wanders all over the place, but thanks for your comments! I really appreciate them. Just wish I had more time to blog and read others' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have guessed 1970-1973. I married the first time in 1970. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to see the styles of that time. Lots of ladies with mink stoles, too. Thanks for the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete