Monday, February 8, 2010

Mardi Gras Floats Are Floating (literally)!

This has got to be one of the rainiest Mardi Gras seasons I can remember in many years. I've lost track of the parades that have been rained out and/or rescheduled.  Plus it's darn cold!!!!!

I think the history of Mardi Gras mystic societies is interesting. Although I don't belong to one (too expensive) it's fascinating to me how some folks get caught up in the pageantry and partying (especially partying). After all, it's the one time of the year when it is acceptable to be drunk in public!  Mardi Gras is a big money-maker for Mobile, so I don't begrudge people who enjoy this kind of thing.  I went to every parade that I could cajole my parents into taking me to when I was a kid. My own children marched in parades since they were in the marching band of Murphy High School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment