Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let's Go Indoors for a While

Okay, so it only took me five years to redo my front bedroom. Better late than never. It's hard to tell, but the color was a very faded pale green.  The color was one I liked, but it was DIRTY!!!








My daughter gave me these lovely picture frames, which finally inspired me to do something about this room.  With her input, the decision was made to venture into the pinks/roses/lilacs shades.



So, we bought paint samples and brought home paint swatches to try and make a decision.  That process started last fall.

I began painting in February but then for various reasons just put the project on hold. Finally, this weekend I was determined to finish. The paint color is a pale pink, called Water Lily Bloom (from Lowe's). Part of the reason I chose it was because of Lily, one of my daughter's cats.  Even though Lily despises me, I love her!

All done! And now, I have a room that I'm happy to enter and enjoy! 

I'm thinking about getting some white sheer panels for the windows, but as usual, my daughter will have the final decision on that.

That interesting mark on the wall is apparently the reflection from the mirror!


This potter's bench is perfect in this room now. There is a shelf on the bottom, which I promise not to clutter up!

Now, the only thing left to do is freshen up the closet and bedroom doors, plus the molding around the windows, with some white paint. It's on my list. Oh, and yes, I have to put some pictures in these lovely frames!

1 comment:

  1. I do really love it! It turned out beautifully! I can't wait to see it in person. Sheer panels sound like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete