Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

No, I'm not going all philosophical. I'm talking about the sweet plant that my daughter gave me a few years ago.  This woody shrub is kept in a pot on my front porch. It didn't bloom the first year. Last year it bloomed beautifully. This past winter I put it in my greenhouse because of the extreme cold.....I thought for sure it was doomed, even with the protection of the greenhouse. But, it came back!



It gets its name from the variation in colors from lavender, to pale blue, to white as the blossoms mature.  If it wasn't in a pot, it may reach a height of 8 feet, but I honestly don't know where I would put it, so there it will stay. Also known as the morning-noon-night or Brazil raintree, its a member of the nightshade family (Solanacae).

Here it is after a full cycle of blooming. It should rest for a while and then start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment