Monday, July 26, 2010

Heard Any Good Books Lately?

Yes, I said "heard."  I have to confess, I love audio books.  My only problem is that I can't stay awake long enough to finish even one cd, so I wind up playing them over and over again until I'm done. 

Right now I'm enjoying some of the works of David Baldacci. Who, you ask?  Did you ever see the movie Absolute Power, with Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman?  The movie was based on the book written by David Baldacci. It was Baldacci's first novel.


Let me just say up front that I love mysteries and suspense, first and foremost. If you haven't seen this movie, you should.  BUT, you should also read the book, because it's NOTHING like the movie.  I'll leave it at that. The book is great and so is the movie!

Now, back to David Baldacci.  Born and raised in Virginia, he received his B.A. from Virginia Commonwealth and his J.D. from the University of Virginia. After practicing law for nine years, he tried writing.  It took three years to finish Absolute Power, and another two years to find a publisher.
In addition to serving as a national ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, he founded the Wish You Well Foundation, which promotes literacy.

The book which I just finished is called Divine Justice.  It includes members of the "Camel Club," which consists of  an assorted cast of characters, including a former CIA assassin. 

If you are interested in learning more about Mr. Baldacci and his novels, please check out his official site here:  http://davidbaldacci.com/

You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of his books but I did see the movie. Clint is awesome and easy on the eyes too. Love him. I will have to check out some of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be disappointed. Most are real page-turners (or cd play-overs, etc., etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a real winner! I don't read as much now that I blog. Time just seems to slip away.

    ReplyDelete