Friday, July 16, 2010

What Color Blue is This?


This is my lace-cap hydrangea, which is in front of my porch.  I just don't know what to call this color. Any ideas?

Look at these little bud clusters! Sorry they are a little blurry.  They look like little blueberries!


The process of bloom is amazing to watch. Each little ball becomes a petal.


In this picture the little balls look like blue cauliflowers.


This gives an idea of just how large this bush is.


Bloom wearing down; you can barely see the porch.


Buds just beginning to form.


They were greenish-colored at first.


This was when the foliage began to emerge after its long winter sleep. I was really glad to see this after the cold January we had.


No wonder I was worried. Look how pitiful!


The little leaves are barely showing. Never did I dream that this lovely shrub would produce such gorgeous blossoms and foliage.  I should learn to trust Mother Nature.

3 comments: