Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bowled Over!

How many bowl games are there now? If my count is correct, there are thirty-four bowl games, starting with the New Mexico Bowl back on December 19, and ending with the BCS National Championship Game on January 7. Of course, since the University of Alabama, my alma mater, is playing in the BCS, that one holds the most interest for me. I can remember when all of the bowl games were played on New Year's Day. The Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl, Gator Bowl, and Peach Bowl kept everyone busy, sometimes with as many as three televisions sets on at the same time. Ah, the good old days. Just my opinion, but there are too many bowl games; they no longer hold the significance of being reserved for the absolute best teams in college football.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There are too many and it doesn't seem to mean as much anymore.
    Like, don't hurt anyone's feelings....

    ReplyDelete