Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fort Kitty Cat





What we won't do for our pets! Two electric blankets, six fleece throws, 5 cat beds, two card tables, two comforters, and two tarps went into the construction of Fort Kitty Cat. All in the interest of protecting my outside kitties from the bitter cold we have been having since last weekend.  It isn't pretty to look at, but it serves its purpose.  For what it's worth, I think they still spend most of their time under my house.  Fortunately, God gave them the sense to seek the best shelter available to them.  The real-feel temperature this morning at 7 a.m. was 9 degrees, with an air temperature of 21 degrees.  I've all but given up on my plants for this season. Sad.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cat fort! Mine have heated boxes to sleep in but then when it's this cold i bring them in and they stay in a back room. So presh! I luv'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could close off part of my house inside so my indoor kitties would not mind having house guests. But this will do.

    ReplyDelete